Strictly speaking, the PTFE o-rings or Teflon o-rings are not rubber o-rings, but plastic o-rings. PTFE, also called Teflon, commonly known as “Plastic King”, is a high molecular polymer obtained by polymerizing tetrafluoroethylene as a monomer. White waxy, translucent, excellent heat and cold resistance, can be used for a long time at -100 ~ 280 ºC.
This material has the characteristics of acid and alkali resistance and resistance to various organic solvents and is almost insoluble in all solvents. At the same time, polytetrafluoroethylene has the characteristics of high-temperature resistance, and its friction coefficient is extremely low, so it can be used for lubrication, and it has also become an ideal coating for easy cleaning of the inner layer of water pipes.
- Material: PTFE / Teflon
- Temperature Range / Rating: -100 °C (-148 °F) to 280°C (536 °F)
- Low Operating Temperature Limit: -100 °C (-148 °F)
- High Operating Temperature Limit: 280 °C (536 °F)
- Durometer Hardness Range: Fixed
- Standard Durometer Hardness: Shore A 90
- Color: White (standard), black, orange, custom color is available
- Outline: Round, square, rectangular, custom
- Cross Section Shape: Round
- Cross Section Width (CS): 0.5 to 20 mm (0.020 to 0.787 inch)
- Inside Diameter (ID): 0.7 to 2965 mm (0.028 to 116.732 inch)
- Standard Size: AS 568, BS 1806, ISO 3601, DIN 3771, JIS B 2401
- Shelf Life: About 20 years
- Price Level: Normal
PTFE / Teflon o-rings have good chemical stability, good resistance to heat, cold, oil, water, steam, chemicals, and other media. High mechanical strength, high-pressure resistance, good wear resistance, low friction coefficient, good self-lubrication.
Chemical Resistance Properties
PTFE Teflon is used to manufacture o-rings, wear-resistant rings, guide rings, and backup rings. PTFE / Teflon o-rings are commonly used sealing material in machinery and is widely used in metallurgy, petrochemical, construction machinery, light industrial machinery, and other fields.