Savvy is one of the best Viton o-rings suppliers and FKM o-rings manufacturers in China
Viton O-Rings (also known as FKM O-Rings, FPM O-Rings, Fluoroelastomer O-Rings) are a copolymer of vinyl fluoride and hexafluoropropylene, which entered the market in the mid-1950s. Their specific gravity is as high as 1.85. According to their molecular structure and fluorine content, the chemical resistance and low-temperature resistance of fluorocarbon rubber o-rings are also different. Fluorocarbon rubber is based on its flame retardancy (self-extinguishing from fire), excellent airtightness (vacuum degree can reach 1.33X10-7 ~1.33X10-8pa), ozone resistance, weather resistance, good aging resistance, and known for a wide range of chemical resistance. Viton o-rings made of organic peroxide vulcanization have more excellent performance.
FKM / Viton elastomer was first invented by DuPont company and issued under the trade name “Viton”. O-rings made of FKM, are also commonly known as DuPont Viton o-rings. With the development of modern materials, our company has been able to manufacture FDA-approved Viton o-rings.
- Material: FKM / FPM / Viton / fluoroelastomer
- Material Types: A, B, F, GLT, GFLT, XLT, ULT, Extreme (ETP), TBR
- Temperature Range / Rating: -20 °C (-4 °F) to 200°C (392 °F)
- Low Operating Temperature Limits: -20 °C (-4 °F)
- Maximum Operating Temperature: 200°C (392 °F)
- Durometer Hardness Range: Shore A 40-90
- Standard Durometer Hardness: Shore A 75
- Less Used Duro Hardness: Shore A 70, 80, 90
- Color: Brown (standard), black, white, custom color code is available
- Outline: Round, square, rectangular, custom
- Cross Section Shape: Round
- Cross Section Width (CS): 0.5 to 20 mm (0.020 to 0.787 inch)
- Inside Diameter (ID): 0.7 to 2965 mm (0.028 to 116.732 inch)
- Standard Size: AS 568, BS 1806, ISO 3601, DIN 3771, JIS B 2401
- Shelf Life: About 20 years
- Cost Level: High
- High-Temperature Resistance: This feature is one of the most prominent features of Viton o-rings. The FKM / FPM o-rings can maintain their performance at a high temperature of 200 °C for a long time and can reach 240 °C in a short period of time.
- Good Compatibility in Variety of Chemical Reagents: Fluoroelastomer itself has outstanding compatibility with aliphatic hydrocarbons, aromatic hydrocarbons, chlorinated hydrocarbons, fuels, oils, and many other organic liquids. In addition, it also has chemical resistance, flame spread resistance, oxidation resistance, ozone resistance, and weather resistance. And with the increase of fluorine content, the performance of medium resistance will continue to improve.
- High Cost of Use: Since the cost of fluoroelastomer rubber raw materials is much higher than that of NBR rubber and HNBR rubber, the cost of Viton o-ring seals is also higher. However, you can buy Viton o-rings from us direct to save your purchase cost. Please contact our professional sales to get the lowest Viton o-ring price list.
- Poor Low-Temperature Resistance: The standard fluoroelastomer material itself has poor low-temperature resistance, and can only withstand low temperature -15°C. If you need low-temperature resistance -40°C, you need to develop special low-temperature resistant Viton o-ring raw materials (such as fluorosilicone rubber).
Chemical Resistance Properties
FKM / Viton rubber o-rings are often used in high temperature, chemical corrosion, and oil resistant working environments and have a wide range of applications in metallurgy, chemical automotive, electric power, and other industries.
Viton O-Rings made of fluorine rubber can be used for sealing automobiles and aircraft engines for a long time at 200°C. They are very suitable for the sealing of engine power output bearings, and can also be used for engine valve stem seals, cylinder liner seals, clutch seals, air filter seals, fuel pump seals, threaded barrel seals. Viton O-rings are also the only seals that can be used at high altitudes. They can be used below 1.33X10-7pa, while other rubber o-rings cannot be applied. Therefore, Viton o-rings have a wide range of applications in the aerospace field.
Fluoroelastomer can be used for inorganic acid media sealed, it can be used for a long time in 67% sulfuric acid at 140°C, concentrated hydrochloric acid at 70°C, and 30% nitric acid below 90°C. Specially formulated fluoroelastomer can also be used in aqua regia. In the semiconductor manufacturing industry, it can be used in the medium below 275°C such as silicon tetrachloride, gallium arsenide, and phosphorus oxychloride.
Viton GLT has a wider temperature range and excellent resistance to HTS mineral oil corrosion. It is often used in the aerospace field.
Viton ETP has a wider range of chemical resistance and is often used in the chemical industry.